Ode to Pharmacology: The End of an Era

    Wow. This is such a bittersweet moment. It is now May, and I took my last exam for this program last week. It doesn’t feel real. Although, I am studying for my MCAT, the Pharmacology Masters program is over.

    I have grown so much this year, not only academically, but mentally and personally in a tremendous way. I started off this program hopeful but somewhat insecure that I was capable of excelling in these courses. Past failures and experiences shadowed my excitement in August. Now 9 months later, I have accomplished so much, learned beyond limits, and feel more confident and prepared than I ever have in my academic abilities. I put in the work, the hours of studying, worrying, tears, procrastination, and more studying just to get here. I learned what studying techniques work for me, I’ve improved so much on public speaking by doing the presentations, I’ve learned how to critically analyze and dissect scientific literature, and I have re-discovered my interest in research. I’ve also grown to love the support and the faculty/professors themselves, because they actually believe in me and want to see me win. I hold so much gratitude for the professors, the staff, my classmates, and more importantly, myself for pushing past the doubt and doing the work. It’s also a great perk that I know so much about drugs and their effects, I see commercials in a whole new light.

     Moreover, volunteering with Crescent City Farmers Market has been the highlight of my Sundays. It matters to me that people in the community have access to healthy, local groceries and goods, and just being apart of their experience and learning about the farmers is amazing, and I appreciate it so much. I will continue to volunteer because I love it and I’m passionate about food insecurity, but this is just one simple part of Nola I can touch.

  Simply put, this year was life-changing, and so so fast,  however the diamond in this is that I’m leaving way better than I came.

“La plus haute des distinctions est le service aux autres."
Until next time....

April Hours: 2.5 Hrs

Semester Hours: 18 Hrs

Comments

Popular Posts